4.02.2010

Curry Hawaiian Haystacks



Curry Hawaiian Haystacks


6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons curry
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups chicken broth
¼ teaspoon ginger
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 chicken breasts cooked & diced
Melt butter and combine all the spices, cook for 2 minutes until aromatic. Take off the heat and add the flour then put back on the heat and add broth and milk until it thickens. Add the chicken after the gravy is made. Make 3 cups of long grain rice for this amount of gravy. Serve by placing a cup of rice on a plate covered by curry sauce and topped with your favorites.  Salt to taste.
Ideas: cheese, green onions, shredded carrots, Chinese noodles, frozen peas, pineapple, mandarin oranges, coconut, or edamame.

*This recipe comes from my fabulously talented sister-in-law Amy. 
**Instead of rice, I used Quinoa for some excellent nutrition.  Plus, I like quinoa more than rice...
More on that in another post.
***I enjoy this with chicken, however, I tried with  Shrimp, (since I love Shirmp) it was excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails