12.13.2009

It's Complicated

"Take a serene Santa Barbara setting with to-die-for interiors, add a triangle mixing love, divorce, and renovation, and you have all the elements of an unusual romantic comedy."
Cathy Whitlock- Traditional Home

 I'm so excited to see the new movie: It's Complicated! Sure Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, and Steve Martin are in the movie, but I'm excited to see yet another fabulous movie by Nancy Meyers.  She is the writer-dirctor of many other movies that I have watched over and over, not just for the movie, but for the homes... Something's Gotta Give and The Holiday-- need I say more.
Am I weird?
I'll rewind and play those movie back s.l.o.w.l.y so I can analyze and
drool over the amazing homes and decor.


 The same set decorator that did the beach house in Something's Gotta Give, Beth Rubino, also decorates this Californian home.  I'd love to work with and decorate with her!


The sets also included a bakery that was influenced by everything from London’s Daylesford Organic to
New York’s City Bakery and Dean and Deluca, among others.

Other movie house set designs i L.O.V.E are:
The Break Up, Pillow Talk, Father of the Bride, Under the Tuscan Sun,
Parent Trap (both the old and newer version...but mostly the old 60's!  It's too fabulous!)
Do you have any favorite movie homes?

2 comments:

  1. Love that you mentioned Somethings Gotta Give, the Holiday, and OF COURSE Parent Trap ( I have the 60's version memorized.) Other favs: Girls just wanna have fun, Slumdog Millionaire, New Moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this movie just for the set alone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails