7.26.2009

Cherry-Vanilla Buttercream Frosting: The Best Frosting!

Unlike my husband, I love frosting. He eats the cake and I eat the frosting. That makes a good match in my book! :) If you are on my team, then you'll love this AMAZINGLY YUMMY buttercream frosting recipe, because not all frosting's are created equal. No. No. There is decent frosting, and there is AMAZING frosting. This happens to be AMAZING! If you happen to make it, let me know what you think. I use this on cupcakes, particularly chocolate. I have also used this as the frosting for homemade Oreo's, and my kids like it on grahm crackers. Basically wherever you feel a need to frost something. Sometime I'd like to mix it up and try a raspberry preserve, or strawberry, or apricot.....


Cherry-Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:

4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
11/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2/3 cup tart cherry preserves ( I used the Bonne Maman Preserves)

Beat confectioners' sugar and butter on medium-low speed until well-blended. Add vanilla and heavy cream; beat for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in cherry preserves until well-incorporated.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails